How the booking process works:
Step 1: Select a class.
Use the calendar to select the class you would like to book, making sure that you have the correct date and time selected. If you book 5 or more classes together in one order a 15% discount will be automatically applied at the checkout. Each class must be added to your basket separately before completing your booking. Please note I only accept online bookings.
Step 2: Complete your booking.
Complete your payment using Paypal, credit or debit card. If you are having difficulty with completing your payment please click here to checkout the handy payment guide I made to help you.
Step 3: Wait for your confirmation email.
I will check the details of your booking then personally send you a confirmation email out as soon as I can. I try to get this done within 48 Hours but it may be longer depending of my schedule. If there are any errors with your booking I will let you know at this stage. Your confirmation email will have all the details of your booking, including location, dates, times, what you need to bring etc. so please take the time to read through it all carefully.
Step 4: Fill out a class attendance form (new students only).
For new students I require you to fill out a class attendance form. To expedite the process it can be done in advance online. A link to the form is provided after you complete your booking and will also be included in your confirmation email.
Step 5: See you in class.
Make a note of your class date/s and time so you don’t forget. Smile and relax! I look forward to seeing you in class soon.
I only accept online bookings.
Your space in class is not confirmed until I have received your payment and sent you out a confirmation email.
Every 12 hours, the system automatically clears any unfulfilled orders. It is therefore imperative that you complete your payment quickly to avoid disappointment.
If you have made a booking but cannot come to class I operate a 24 hour cancellation policy. This means that if you let me know with more than 24 hours notice before the start of the class I will refund your booking fee. I do however keep a 50p processing fee for each cancelled class.
Changing class dates:
If you would still like to come to class on another date please email me directly and if there is space I will be happy to move your booking for you, however this must be arranged 24 Hours before the class start time, if it not then it will count as a cancellation and you will still be charged for the lesson.
Relaxing Yoga Nidra in Norwich:
the Yoga Studio Norwich,
38-40 Magdalen Rd
Norwich, NR3 4AG
Sundays: Usually the first Sunday of the month but may be different some months. See the calendar for specific dates.
17:00 – 18:00
How much does it cost cost:
£8 per lesson (15% discount applied when 5 or more classes are booked together in one order).
Everyone can enjoy Yoga Nidra.
Learn to relax.
In these monthly Yoga Nidra classes I will guide you through a deep and restorative relaxation, in which we employ meditation techniques and guided imagery to allow your body to completely and utterly let go of whatever tensions it may be holding. Learning how to systematically relax your bod in this way is not only physically rejuvenating, but also allows your minds to relax by association. Yoga Nidra is an invaluable practice for those who want to learn a mindful yoga technique that is proved to help lower cortisol levels, thereby releasing stress and reduce anxiety. It is also a fantastic tool for those who want to learn how to reduce the chatter of their minds so that they can get a better nights sleep.
What is Yoga Nidra?
Yoga Nidra is powerful. It is a very calming, transformative, and rewarding relaxation method that is practised lying down on the floor. I like to think of Yoga Nidra as ‘mind-yoga’. You start with the external, bringing your awareness to sounds you can hear, and experiences and sensations of things which are far from you. Slowly and systematically I will guide you to notice deeper and deeper sensations, turning your attention carefully away from the external and towards your inner experiences. By developing and cultivating this active, mindful awareness your physical body becomes relaxed and your mind becomes quiet, and you quickly reach a state of deep, present, and focused awareness, which really has to be experienced!
The Deepest State of Relaxation.
Yoga Nidra can be immediately rewarding, and many people report feeling more relaxed after just one session than they have in years. Indeed many people seem like they are floating on air after a successful Yoga Nidra. That doesn’t mean that it comes naturally to everyone, it takes time and practice to be able to stay focused and aware without being too analytical, yet relaxed without falling asleep. Just like some people are more flexible or strong than others, and have an easier time with a physical yoga practice, some people will need to work harder to be able to relax in a Yoga Nidra session, but don’t give up, it will come with practice.
Unlike other meditation methods which are based on non thought, Yoga Nidra is engaging and requires active participation. This means you can likely expect results much faster with Yoga Nidra than other meditation styles.
It is very important that the first few times you go through this practice you are guided by a competent teacher. However once you are familiar with the practice there is no reason why you cannot do it unaided.
- New students must fill out an intake form. Please do this in advance by following this link.
- You must bring your own mat as the use of studio equipment is temporarily prohibited. You will also need a blanket (or two) to keep you warm and a pillow for comfort.
- Bring some water.
- To view the class location on a map please click here.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any enquiries.
- You can view my listing with the UK Yoga Alliance by clicking here.
Social Distancing Measures:
- We are still keeping our distance and restricting numbers in class. To view the specific Covid 19 and social distancing measures for the studio please click here.
- If you have made a booking but cannot come to class I operate a 24Hour cancellation policy. This means that if you let me know with more than 24 Hours notice before the start of the class I will refund your booking fee. I do however keep a 50p processing fee for each cancelled class.
Changing Class Dates:
- If you would still like to come to class on another date please email me directly and if there is space I will be happy to move your booking for you, however this must be arranged 24 Hours before the class start time, if it not then it will count as a cancellation and you will still be charged for the lesson.
Thanks and I hope to see you in class.
- "Laurence's yoga teaching is of a very high standard. He is very experienced and passes on his knowledge and skills in a clear, easy to follow way as he helps all ages and abilities achieve exercises and poses relevant to their fitness and experience level. Laurence's warm, friendly nature combined with his professionalism and enthusiasm for his art result in excellent instruction. His love of yoga and teaching is evident as he creates a welcoming and safe environment in which to learn. Learning yoga with Laurence is fun, enjoyable, relaxing and non-threatening."Erin
"Laurence is one of those teachers who is so immersed and involved in the pleasure of his teaching that every minute of the class was challenging, fun, engaging, inspirational and spiritual! I can't wait to find another opportunity to visit Suffolk so that I can go back."Jan
"Laurence is an amazing teacher and it was a joy to attend his classes . . . . His passion for yoga bounces out of him and his classes are fun and serious at the same time. . . When I was away he covered my classes, in total 24 hours. He was (and is) very reliable and punctual, and my students enjoyed his input . . . . He is an asset to Yoga."Brenda
"Laurence is a fantastic yoga teacher with lots of experience. He makes you feel completely at ease during classes and will adjust you to help you achieve the perfect posture"Sophie
"There is something very special about Laurence’s yoga class. It has a very welcoming and healing energy. He is also very playful and that attitude is relaxing and refreshing! The actual asanas are very toning and the Nidra style relaxation at the end is divine!!! Highly recommended."Georgina
- "Having only just started yoga I have been really impressed with Laurence's teaching and pace of the classes. He always has a method for breaking a move down, helping you to achieve the final position in small steps. His knowledge and ability have certainly inspired me to take my yoga further."Josh
- "Laurence is a great teacher, full of wisdom and patience. I can't recommend his classes highly enough."Ian
"I had the pleasure to attend quite a few sessions with Laurence so far and I highly recommend him both as a person & yoga teacher. His teaching is very precise, hands-on and always with a smile on the face. You really can learn a lot from him!"David
"I would highly recommend this person to work at a yoga centre. When he came to visit India I was so happy because he handled my yoga centre for me whilst I was away. He gave this service to me and I was very happy with his teaching."Mahi