A Guided Meditation.
Sessions Available on Request.
I have been guiding people in authentic Yoga Nidra experiences for since 2018. During that time I have taught Yoga Nidra in a variety of settings, from personal one on one sessions, to seasonal group sessions at my weekly classes, to more detailed instruction on the science and methodology of Yoga Nidra on Yoga Teacher Training Courses. I am here to guide you in an authentic Yoga Nidra Experience.
What is Yoga Nidra?
In a nutshell, Yoga Nidra is a guided meditation exercise that is practiced lying down. We start with deep relaxation exercises and finish with guided visualisations. You get not only the benefits of a lovely relaxation, but also a dreamlike visualisation, in which you can learn about your deeper self, and begin to connect to your higher self by making changes on a psychological level.
Yoga Nidra is calming.
Yoga Nidra is transformative.
Yoga Nidra is insightful.
Yoga Nidra is freeing.
I like to think of Yoga Nidra as ‘mind-yoga’ rather than the ‘body-yoga’ we normally practice in a class setting.
In Yoga Nidra you turn your focus and attention away from the external and develop an active mindful awareness of your bodily sensations.
By cultivating this active, mindful awareness by focusing on physical sensations you quickly reach a state of deep, present, and focused awareness, which can free your anxieties, release stress, and help calm the internal chatter of your mind.
The Deepest State of Relaxation.
Yoga Nidra can be immediately rewarding, and many people report feeling more relaxed after just one session than they have in years. Indeed many people seem like they are floating on air after a successful Yoga Nidra.
Unlike other meditation methods which are based on observation, Yoga Nidra is engaging and requires active participation. This means you can likely expect results much faster with Yoga Nidra than other meditation styles.
It is very important that the first few times you go through this practice you are guided by a teacher. However once you are familiar with the practice there is no reason why you cannot do it unaided.
How much does it cost?
40 min sessions are £30 with discounts available for block bookings.
Where will it be?
Treatments will be from my home yoga room. A clean, warm, and comfortable space.
How can I arrange a treatment?
To arrange a treatment, please use my contact form to get in touch with me, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Laurence's yoga teaching is of a very high standard. He is very experienced and passes on his knowledge and skills in a clear, easy to follow way as he helps all ages and abilities achieve exercises and poses relevant to their fitness and experience level. Laurence's warm, friendly nature combined with his professionalism and enthusiasm for his art result in excellent instruction. His love of yoga and teaching is evident as he creates a welcoming and safe environment in which to learn. Learning yoga with Laurence is fun, enjoyable, relaxing and non-threatening."Erin
- "I am 100% totally addicted to Laurie’s magic Monday classes 🧘♂️ He is so knowledgeable calming & funny - he has great spirit - I very much enjoy his class - now I look forward to my Monday’s 😁"Moira
- "Laurence is a great teacher and an asset to Long Melford / Sudbury !! Recommend."Theo
- "Laurence provides a warm and welcoming space for everybody. His passion for yoga is clear, sharing his knowledge joyfully, with a calm and fun energy. I leave his classes feeling calm and clear, and have been inspired to maintain a regular practice. Highly recommend!"Amelia
- "Great teacher, very professional and enthusiastic."Estelle
"Laurence is a fantastic yoga teacher with lots of experience. He makes you feel completely at ease during classes and will adjust you to help you achieve the perfect posture"Sophie
"The class was challenging, fun, & engaging. I can't wait to find another opportunity to visit Suffolk so that I can go back."Jan
"I would highly recommend this person to work at a yoga centre. When he came to visit India I was so happy because he handled my yoga centre for me whilst I was away. He gave this service to me and I was very happy with his teaching."Mahi
- "Laurence has an uncanny knack for perceiving exactly what his yoga class needs from him that day and delivering it with warmth, kindness and good humour."Hannah
"Laurence is an amazing teacher and it was a joy to attend his classes . . . . His passion for yoga bounces out of him and his classes are fun and serious at the same time. . . When I was away he covered my classes, in total 24 hours. He was (and is) very reliable and punctual, and my students enjoyed his input . . . . He is an asset to Yoga."Brenda