How the booking process works:
Step 1: Select a class.
Use the calendar to select the class you would like to book, making sure that you have the correct date and time selected. If you book 5 or more classes together in one order a 15% discount will be automatically applied at the checkout. Each class must be added to your basket separately before completing your booking. Please note I only accept online bookings.
Step 2: Complete your booking.
Complete your payment using Paypal, credit or debit card. If you are having difficulty with completing your payment please click here to checkout the handy payment guide I made to help you.
Step 3: Wait for your confirmation email.
I will check the details of your booking then personally send you a confirmation email out as soon as I can. I try to get this done within 48 Hours but it may be longer depending of my schedule. If there are any errors with your booking I will let you know at this stage. Your confirmation email will have all the details of your booking, including location, dates, times, what you need to bring etc. so please take the time to read through it all carefully.
Step 4: Fill out a class attendance form (new students only).
For new students I require you to fill out a class attendance form. To expedite the process it can be done in advance online. A link to the form is provided after you complete your booking and will also be included in your confirmation email.
Step 5: See you in class.
Make a note of your class date/s and time so you don’t forget. Smile and relax! I look forward to seeing you in class soon.
I only accept online bookings.
Your space in class is not confirmed until I have received your payment and sent you out a confirmation email.
Every 12 hours, the system automatically clears any unfulfilled orders. It is therefore imperative that you complete your payment quickly to avoid disappointment.
If you have made a booking but cannot come to class I operate a 24 hour cancellation policy. This means that if you let me know with more than 24 hours notice before the start of the class I will refund your booking fee. I do however keep a 50p processing fee for each cancelled class. Donations for relaxation class are non refundable. Don’t forget to book in for the next class.
Changing class dates:
If you would still like to come to class on another date please email me directly and if there is space I will be happy to move your booking for you, however this must be arranged 24 Hours before the class start time, if it not then it will count as a cancellation and you will still be charged for the lesson.
Relaxation & Meditation: Class Information:
the Yoga Studio Norwich (inside the Norfolk Clinic),
38-40 Magdalen Rd
Norwich, NR3 4AG
Every Wednesday evening, from 19:30 – 20:00.
How much does it cost:
This is a donation based class, you are welcome to come for free, or you can choose to make a donation. You must reserve your space in advance.
Yoga is for all!
Relaxation is one of the cornerstones of yoga, it not only feels great but when we learn how to relax correctly our muscles begin to stop their continual clenching and unclenching, allowing our bodies to heal & function properly. By tapping into your nervous system, it also aids in reducing levels of stress hormones in your body, which can build up normally over the course of the day, especially if your job is particularly hectic. It has therefore been linked with lessoning feelings of anxiety and stress, & improving wellbeing. Not only that but it is a deeply meditative practice which can help you become more mindful and present, lessening the chatter of your mind, which also leads to improved sleep.
The class will usually begin with a 5 min ‘wake up’ exercise that is designed to remove feeling of lethargy from your body. After which there will be a 20 minute guided relaxation, which is done lying on the floor. There are other options if you suffer back pain or are uncomfortable lying down for extended periods. Towards the end of class I will then slowly bring you out of the relaxation and once you are fully awake I will watch you float away.
I have developed and honed my techniques in relaxation through many years of practice, and also bring in my experience of advanced Yoga Nidra practices to enable you to get the most from the session. It will definitely not feel like 20-30 minutes!
My aim in offering this class is to give you a tool that you can use anywhere and which can genuinely make a big impact on your life. I am offering the classes on a donation basis because I think that everyone can benefit from learning & practicing deep relaxation techniques, and money should not be a barrier to practice. If it sounds like something you would like to try, please Use the calendar to reserve your space, and come along to learn to let all your physical, mental, and emotional tensions melt away.
See you in class soon.
"I had the pleasure to attend quite a few sessions with Laurence so far and I highly recommend him both as a person & yoga teacher. His teaching is very precise, hands-on and always with a smile on the face. You really can learn a lot from him!"David
"The class was challenging, fun, & engaging. I can't wait to find another opportunity to visit Suffolk so that I can go back."Jan
"There is something very special about Laurence’s yoga class. It has a very welcoming and healing energy. He is also very playful and that attitude is relaxing and refreshing! The actual asanas are very toning and the Nidra style relaxation at the end is divine!!! Highly recommended."Georgina
"I would highly recommend this person to work at a yoga centre. When he came to visit India I was so happy because he handled my yoga centre for me whilst I was away. He gave this service to me and I was very happy with his teaching."Mahi
- "Having only just started yoga I have been really impressed with Laurence's teaching and pace of the classes. He always has a method for breaking a move down, helping you to achieve the final position in small steps. His knowledge and ability have certainly inspired me to take my yoga further."Josh
"Laurence is a fantastic yoga teacher with lots of experience. He makes you feel completely at ease during classes and will adjust you to help you achieve the perfect posture"Sophie
- "Laurence is a great teacher, full of wisdom and patience. I can't recommend his classes highly enough."Ian
"Laurence is an amazing teacher and it was a joy to attend his classes . . . . His passion for yoga bounces out of him and his classes are fun and serious at the same time. . . When I was away he covered my classes, in total 24 hours. He was (and is) very reliable and punctual, and my students enjoyed his input . . . . He is an asset to Yoga."Brenda
- "Laurence's yoga teaching is of a very high standard. He is very experienced and passes on his knowledge and skills in a clear, easy to follow way as he helps all ages and abilities achieve exercises and poses relevant to their fitness and experience level. Laurence's warm, friendly nature combined with his professionalism and enthusiasm for his art result in excellent instruction. His love of yoga and teaching is evident as he creates a welcoming and safe environment in which to learn. Learning yoga with Laurence is fun, enjoyable, relaxing and non-threatening."Erin
- New students must fill out an intake form. Please do this in advance by following this link.
- You must bring your own mat as the use of studio equipment is temporarily prohibited. If you do not have the correct equipment and are unable to participate in the lesson you will still be charged in full.
- Bring some water.
- Relaxation is done on the floor, which can get cold in the winter months. Please consider bringing your own blanket (or two) to keep you warm.
- To view the class location on a map please click here.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any enquiries.
- You can view my listing with the UK Yoga Alliance by clicking here.
Social Distancing Measures:
- We will continue to keep our practice space clean, and are doing everything we can to ensure your safety. To view the specific Covid 19 and social distancing measures for the studio please click here.
- If you have made a booking but cannot come to class please let me know so that I can make the space available for another. Donations for relaxation class are non refundable. Don’t forget to book in for the next class.
Thanks and I hope to see you in class.