The new shape of Yoga & Massage with Laurence
I am very happy to be able to get back to work both teaching and massaging. I have missed seeing you all very much and hope you have been keeping well.
In order to safely return I have had to make some changes to the way that I run my business.
I know its a long list of rules and regulations but please bear with me and read through this list in full before attending class or coming for a massage.
This is all new for me too. I am doing everything I can to make myself available for those of you that do want to come back to class or are in desperate need of a massage. This means making some changes to the way that I (and you) operate so that we can resume whilst minimising the risk to everyone.
If anything is not clear of if you have any questions please get in touch with me. I look forward to seeing you (from an appropriate distance) soon.
Regarding Yoga Classes.
- Social distancing measures are in place at the various studios I teach in. They are all slightly different due to the different layouts and locations of each space so I’d recommend that you take some time to familiarise yourself with the rules of the specific studio you are coming too before attending class.
- Information for the Long Melford Movement & Yoga Studio can be found here.
- Information for the Yoga Studio Norwich can be found here.
- I will be cleaning (disinfecting) and airing the studio between classes so for that reason I have had to change some of the class times so that I have enough time to do so.
- Use of ALL studio equipment is temporarily prohibited. This includes mats, so you must bring your own mat to class. If you do not have the correct equipment and cannot participate in the class you will still be charged in full for the lesson.
- I am not required by law to wear a mask whilst teaching but for your safety I am going to attempt it for a while to see how it goes. I will be reviewing the practicalities of doing so on an ongoing basis.
- You are not required to wear a mask at class and I am leaving it up to you whether you want to or not. Everyone is different so please understand that some people may make a different choice from you. Please respect their choice and do not judge anyone for wearing / not wearing a mask. The current guidelines state that it is not necessary for practicing yoga indoors, providing social distancing measures are observed. If you do choose to wear one you can rest assured that I wont be making anyone do any weird breathing exercises (for the time being mwahahaha!).
- When entering and leaving the studio you must be aware of social distancing and you will be encouraged not to chat before or after class, at least in the studio (I know it feels wrong). You may also be asked to wait outside whilst others check in for class, so please bear this in mind when considering whether of not you need an umbrella.
- You will not be able to get changed on the premises so you must be ready to go when you arrive.
- I will not be making any physical adjustments in class and will not be moving around you in the way that I used to. I will be keeping to my space at the front of class.
- Due to the limited number of attendees that I can accept in class I have had to make a small increase to the attendance fee. This should be made clear to you when you book your space.
- For that reason I am also having to be more strict with people when they book. If you wish to attend class you must book and pay for the class online in advance. You must be committed to coming as your booking is non refundable and non exchangeable. This is to reduce ‘no shows’ who prevent willing and able yoginis and yogis from being able to attend.
- If on the day of your class you are feeling unwell or are judged to pose a health risk to others you may be asked to leave class.
- I think I have covered everything but I will be updating this list regularly so it is a good Idea to check back here every now and then. I would especially recommend to have a quick check on the day of your lesson.
Regarding Massage Appointments.
- Social distancing measures are in place at the various spaces I use for massage.
- I will be cleaning (disinfecting) and airing the space between appointments.
- I will still be using my fresh cotton sheets for every treatment but they will now also be covered with a plastic sheet and paper massage couch roll, this will protect the mattress, minimising cross contamination, and make everything much easier to clean and disinfect between treatments, and will also offer myself some protection and to minimise my risk when changing sheets.
- I will be wearing a plastic visor! during treatments. for this reason you are not required to wear a face covering however if you wish to that is of course fine.
- All waiting rooms are closed so you will be asked to come straight in for your appointment. If it is your first appointment or you are unsure where to go you can phone me when you arrive. I will send you my contact number when you book.
- I am limiting the times that I am making myself available for massage in Norwich to times that the building is quieter so that there is less risk to yourself when coming for your appointment. This means that I am only available on Sundays. Please phone or email me to make or enquire about an appointment. In Sudbury I will only be available on Tuesdays.
- I am not available for home visits at this time.
- There will be no face / head massage at the end of your treatment (sad face).
- You will be asked to clean your hands upon arrival.
- If on the day of your appointment you are feeling unwell or are judged to pose a health risk to myself or others you may be asked to leave.
- I think I have covered everything but I will be updating this list regularly so it is a good idea to check back here every now and then. I would especially recommend to have a quick check on the day of your treatment.